Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Engagements... weddings?

It seems like more and more people are getting married around me... maybe I'm finally at that "age" where its time to get married. Seems kind of strange... 2 years ago was when some of my friends first got married. Then last year was a quiet year... now this summer I'm going to 2 weddings and 2 more friends are about to get engaged...

Here is the pictures from the first wedding... an old Chinese school/high school friend (who is a year younger). He married his first girlfriend who he was dating for a good number of years. I was actually totally shocked as he messaged me maybe a month before the ceremony asking "hey, are you free in June? I'm getting married"... I was expecting a bit more notice than 1 month but what ever works :).



Then an old family/childhood friend is getting engaged soon (I hope!). I actually introduced her to her current boyfriend last year (met him while interning at Google). It's one of those hard to believe stories as I introduced them via MSN while he lives out in Portland and my friend lives down here in southern California. Somehow they hit it off right away and was pretty sure they were meant for each other after a couple of months of chatting and one in person meeting... Here are some pictures I took of them for their engagement/wedding portraits. They'll probably do the officially wedding portraits later in Taiwan with the full gown and all.



Then this weekend my cousin is getting married too... will post pictures as soon as I get back from Boston. All this marriage talk is actually kind of depressing for me... I guess it is impossible to plan life... To think I wanted to get engaged by 25 ish... married by 26-27... etc. I had a "timeline" :) but of course those NEVER work and fate just plays tricks on you. My brothers wedding last year really made me think about what kind of wedding I'd like and of course, the type of person I'd like to be with... The wedding part I probably won't get much say in... but I guess I can at least decide who to marry :).

Anyways... whats a post without some YouTube link :)
Here is a song by David Tao and Jolin called... "Today you will marry me" (roughly). It's a cute song thats become quite popular at weddings for obvious reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment