Friday, August 15, 2008

Olympics...

So... I haven't written a post in about a week. It's not that I've been busy with work (which I have been) but more like I've been watching the Olympics till the wee hours of the night every day (yes, even the women's gymnastic events). There is just something captivating about watching Michael Phelps chase for his record setting 8 gold medals, or watching the US women's beach volleyball team (Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh) smash through all opposition. I never could imagine caring about the Olympic dreams of two little girl (Shawn Johnson and Nastia Liukin -- my goodness, I actually know their names!?). I cheered at every perfect jump or landing, and boo'ed at what seemed to be unfair or questionable scores... yeah... weird. Anyways, The Big Picture put up a few really amazing captures from the Olympics

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/08/womens_olympic_fencing.html
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/08/2008_olympics_opening_ceremony.html

Hope everyone else is enjoying the Olympics :)

No comments:

Post a Comment