Sunday, August 31, 2008

Insurance... it's good for you.

So... I'm in Washington now... Mt. Rainier National Park to be exact. Seattle and Olympic national park both treated us to wonderful weather and spectacular scenes... But it's been a tough trip so far. Half of the people I'm traveling with are sick... we are sleeping about 5 hours a night here... The other driver got a ticket for speeding (I swear the park ranger was BSing about how fast we were going... I fell... TWICE (while trying to step up onto a piece of log). The first time I fell I got lucky and just hurt my bottom a bit... my camera bag broke my fall (not sure if anything in there broke yet...). Then I stood up... and fell AGAIN but this time sprained my angle and slammed my back against another piece of log that had a round protruding part... I guess I got lucky because it would have been really bad if I hit my spine or head against it... or even rib cage... lucky enough I missed my spine by about 2 inches and it just hit the side of my lower back. I hit it pretty hard... really kept me down for a few minutes... To make it worse... I dropped my friend's lens that was borrowing today... I was changing lenses... it slipped... I bobbled it... it fell... It was new when he lent it to me... and now it is semi-broken. Oh btw, did I mention that the lens is the $1000 Canon EF 24-105 mm F/4 L lens?  yeah... so now I owe him a new L lens.... a nice pricey L lens.... I insure all my equipment... but he was new in SLR world so he doesn't... F**** This is why you buy insurance... cuz shit happens... This has just been a terrible week... First the 4 car chain collision that I caused... now a dropped lens... I think I should stay off the road and avoid touching expensive things....

1 comment: