Saturday, August 18, 2007

Cousin's wedding

So, 3 weeks later and I'm finally done going through my cousin's wedding photos. I think I took over 550 that day... ended up keeping about 300 (I want to cut down some more, but it's his wedding, so I'll stop there and let him pick from here on out). I spent a lot more time at this wedding trying to get the right angle and get the right shots (more so than at Peter's wedding where I was more opportunistic and took a shot whenever I thought I had the right angle). So I ran around from one side of the church to the other back and forth quite a few time... I didn't feel comfortable cutting in front of all the audience since I'm not the official photographer... instead I walked all the way around the back... quite a workout :). While I did end up with a good number of pictures that I really like, I do regret that I wasn't able to pay attention to the wedding. I heard everything that was said, laughed with everyone and everything... but I just can't remember that much of it. It's strange, I knew I was there, I knew I paid attention and heard every word... but at end of the day... it's all a blur and I only have my pictures to remember it by. Is it worth it? I don't know... on the one hand I end up with some pictures I really love (and I enjoyed taking pictures of my cousin... hopefully he'll like my pictures)... on the other hand I missed the most important moment in my cousin's life. Maybe it's a blessing that I didn't have my camera yet at my brother's wedding... maybe I should seal the camera away at future weddings that I really care about? I don't know how to find the right balance yet...

Anyways, here are the pictures from my web album:


I also realized I need better equipment, better flash (with quicker recharge speed), faster lens or 5D with much better low light performance. I had to shoot at ISO 1600 for most of the wedding and that wasn't really enough even tho the church was so brightly lit. So unfortunately I ended up with quite a few picture I had to toss because its blurry (I had to keep a few blurry ones as well...) but even then all the pictures have quite a bit of noise in them... sigh. One day I'll switch to a 5D :).

Also I finished going through the first set of photos from Taiwan (other than the Yukata photo shoot).


These were taken at 中山樓 (ChungShan Hall). IngIng's (the girl in the Yukata) parents took us there after the photo shoot.

2 comments: